Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Rain Music

All my complaints about the heat have not helped a single iota. Not only has the oppressive heat not broken but now the Midwest in the longest drought in like 50 something years! However today is the day! We are on rain watch 2012 here at the office. It looks like we are going to get a good storm this afternoon. Of course it is being joined by gale force winds, blinding lighting, and Im pretty sure someone is going to get carried off to Oz, but hey.... rain! My neighbor farmers have been watering their crops with their tears over the last couple of weeks, and I have been doing my part by "watering" the local corn each morning and night.

I actually think I am responsible for these good weather tidings. I have been listening to Bruce Hornsby and Sting all day long. How does that matter you ask? Both those musicians are rainy weather artists in my mind. Sure you can listen to them anytime during the year but you can't tell me you think of fall when you hear Hornsby's "Stander on the Mountain" or Sting's "Englishman in NY". I hear these guys and I am automatically wearing a hoodie, tromping through the woods with soggy shoes during those long fall afternoons that the sun never seems to move in the sky. This image always used to contain myself and... well, myself. Now it contains my little girl in the mini me backpack smacking me with a stick. What a great feeling, and one I can't wait for this fall!

So Midwest you are welcome! I’m slightly sorry I didn’t think of it sooner. It would have really cut back on the heat anger I have been experiencing lately. Eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment