Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Batman Ruined My Life

I’m going to hold off on reviewing this movie for a while, for a few reasons. One, I want everyone to go out and see it... like right now! Two, I want to see it again. Three, I need to meditate on its pure awesomeness for a while longer before I can form words to describe it.

What I will say, is I would elect to have red-hot pokers thrust into me just to spend the day picking the mind of Christopher Nolan. Genius, as a word is misused far too much, but the moniker applies here. I have never felt the rush of skydiving excitement and the depressive lows of an Alaskan winter within a few seconds of each other like I did during this movie. I am not ashamed to say, I cried for like the last 15 minutes of the movie, and THEN I got in the car and continued to silently weep for another 10 minutes before I could pull myself together. I felt like I had just been through an intervention and finally see how my actions are destructive; except the destructive path was me watching every other movie before this.

I beg of you, with all my being, go watch this movie. I am really thinking I can't think any of you as friends or family any longer until you do see it. The Dark Knight Rises changed my life and ruined it simultaneously.

"It's not who you are, but what you do that matters."

Cheers Batman

Ap

No comments:

Post a Comment